Governor Wolf announced the availability of new grant funding to help employers retain workers in life-sustaining occupations.
Grant funds may be used for hazard pay for direct, full-time and part-time employees earning less than $20/hour, excluding fringe benefits and overtime. Funds may only be used for pay during the 10-week period from August 16, 2020 through October 24, 2020. Hazard pay means additional pay for performing hazardous duty or work involving physical hardship, in each case that is related to COVID-19. Applicants may apply for up to $1,200 per eligible full-time equivalent (FTE) employee and is to be paid as a $3/hour increase to regular pay. Employers may apply for up to 500 eligible full-time equivalent employees per location ($600,000 maximum grant per location).
Eligible employers must be located in PA and operate within one of the following industries:
- Healthcare – nursing and residential care facilities, hospitals, ambulatory health care services
- Social Assistance – child day care services, individual and family services, community food and other emergency services
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Retail Facilities – grocery and specialty food stores
- Janitorial Services
- Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
- Security Services for industries listed above
The grant closes July 31, 2020. Please feel free to contact us should you like additional information